Wednesday, June 20, 2012

bambino: week 6

Week 6 (Sunday, April 22, 2012)

It’s 10:30 PM (Honduras’ time) and I can’t sleep. Is it because I napped most of the afternoon after a long, exhausting morning at church? Is it because my mind is racing with the countless lists I have running through my head: boy names (HARD!), girl names (easy), doctor’s appointments, legal paperwork for delivering in Honduras, how to tell our families, what we need to buy, changes in our relationship, how to manage working/parenting, or just simply wondering what you’re going to be like. Or, is it because I can feel slight changes in my body, the signs of early pregnancy as my abdomen shifts and moves giving you space to grow? Or, is it a little of everything? Probably.

We have been thinking of you a lot, our little “Bambino”. Sometimes we forget you’re even real still, but then one of breaks out into the largest grin, reminding each of us how our little family is growing. It seems odd to say, but at the same time, it’s the most natural and genuine emotion we are experiencing right now. We love you. We love you already. Our hearts are overflowing with love and commitment to you our sweet Bambino. We can’t understand why God has chosen us to be yours, but we are. We are yours, forever. We are taking this new responsibility so very seriously. We are reading about how to best take care of you, even now as you are developing. We are praying for your safety and health. We are working hard at loving each other so that you will always know the security of two parents that are devoted to each other. And we are fighting each and every day for our faith. Living in Honduras has challenged us in many new ways, especially in our relationships with God. We are working out our faith each day, often with fear and trembling. All of this because He first loved us, so now we can love you.

Cambios y Noticias:

Week 6

You are the size of a lentil bean (1/4 of an inch long)

Your nose, mouth and ears are starting to develop. Can’t wait to smooch ‘em!

Your heart is beating about 100-160 times each minute. Wow! No wonder I’m tired ☺

I am feeling pretty tired most of the time…except for the middle of the night and early in the mornings. Convenient ;)

I am hungry a lot, but feel full very quickly. This leads me to a constant state of wanting to eat.

I am trying to drink as much water as your dad ☺, so have taken many more trips to the bathroom lately.

I feel my stomach cramping every once in a while. Strange, but cool. It reminds me that something is actually going on down there.

We are SO excited to share the news with our parents, siblings, family and friends. Hope we can hold out until June, when we’re home. It’s hard to carry around such a life-changing secret.

We are planning to be surprised about whether or not you’re a “BambinO” or a “BambinA”. Life allows us so few surprises, and we’d like this to one of them. I do have my own prediction, though, call it “female intuition” or “mommy knows best”… but we’ll have to wait and see…



No comments:

Post a Comment