We just came from a birthday party for a friend from church, when we were asked, “What’s going on with the rest of your Saturday?” ☺ Funny. What are we going to do with the rest of our Saturday? It’s been a couple of weeks since the latest update, but in case you hadn’t noticed, I am pregnant… looking quite pregnant already actually, very tired, dizzy, nauseous, hungry, not hungry, emotional and exhausted. Funny how already that ever-normal and limitless question offers only one response. NOTHING. I have a sneaking suspicion for a little while (or several years… whichever comes first), our answer with be a resounding NOTHING. “They” say my body is working so hard each day, it’s the equivalent of running a marathon. Since, I’ve run marathons, I can attest that aside from the blisters and burning legs (at least not yet anyways), it’s a fair comparison. Especially when you couple growing a little human with finishing up another year of teaching, packing boxes to move, packing suitcases for the summer, and wrapping up all the last minute appointments and details that come with relocating back home for the next two months. We leave next Friday, June 1st. It’s quite the understatement to say we’re excited. We are sooo looking forward to this miraculous news to be out in the open, for all our friends and family to enjoy and celebrate. It hardly seems really still, but we’re hoping with the excitement that comes with sharing the news with four first-time grandparents, reality will slowly but surely sink in. Just today on the phone my dad mentioned something about how he has been experiencing “baby fever”. It was so hard not to reassure him he’d be a grandpa soon enough. I can already see the look on his face when he takes a look at me and my big ole’ belly for the first time in just 6 days. Priceless. A friend from school recommended that Jason video our meeting with our families at the airport. Great idea. Hopefully amidst all the excitement we can remember and have documented forever this life changing news. We are filled with more peace this week, since our latest doctor’s appointment, that Bambino is growing healthy and strong. In fact, he has surpassed the 90th percentile for growth (length) for a baby at his/her stage. AND, he/she wouldn’t stop moving for the ultrasound. I thought it looked like he/she was swimming backstroke with full arms and tiny, fast kicks. Jason thought for sure he/she was practicing some soccer moves. That will be an interesting conversation someday. Even more fun, though, Bambino treated us all to a little thumbs up. “Everything’s okay in here Mom and Dad”… “Don’t worry about me, I’m having the time of my life!” … “Just keep on doing what you’re doing and when it gets too cramped in here, I’ll let you know”. ☺ Thanks Bambino, just what we needed.
Cambios y Noticias:
Week 11
You are the size of a raspberry (2.5 inches, 0.5 oz)
Your head and body have now grown to a nicely shaped 1:1 ratio.
Your nail beds are forming, along with tooth buds and hair follicles.
Your heart was beating 162 times per minute (the same as three weeks ago). You have grown significantly more than average AND you’re still moving around like crazy in there, just can’t feel you yet. Dr. Bueso told us the two best indicators of a healthy baby are growth (crecimiento) and movement (movimiento). Check and Check! You’re already a mover and a shaker and going to give us a run for our money in terms of keeping up with you long and lean Bambino.
I am still feeling pretty tired most of the time…except for the middle of the night and early in the mornings. Convenient ;) Waking up early has allowed me some extra quiet time to myself and the opportunity to talk more with my parents (the only other people I assume are up by 6 am on a Saturday). I guess I’m on the parent schedule already.
I have felt less and less nauseous as the weeks have continued. Thank you God!
The blood clots that were ominously moving around my uterus three weeks have now disappeared. A relief and great answer to prayer. Now, to hope they won’t return…speaking of blood. Somehow Jason and I have no idea what our blood types are. Weird, right? Our parents didn’t know either so I had mine tested, and turns out my Rh factor is negative. Only 15% (or less) of the world has a negative blood type, and I (and hopefully Jason) am one of them. If Jason’s blood type is positive, this will complicate things a bit for the baby. If there’s a chance that Bambino’s blood type is positive, I’ll need to take an injection at about 28 weeks, and then again 72 hours before labor to ensure that my blood doesn’t react to the baby’s different blood as a threat. I’m trying not to worry about this yet, very hard to do, but researching like crazy to understand more about this. Let’s hope and pray Jason’s blood type is also negative. That would make this pregnancy and future pregnancies a lot less risky.
Since I’ve already gained 9 pounds, my doctor has asked about my diet. I am eating pretty healthy, but definitely consuming too much salt as salty foods have really helped to calm my nausea. I am now on a very low sodium diet, in hopes to slow down some of this rapid weight gain. Oh, and no more popcorn. Great.
How am I doing with water? Great… I’d say I’ve surpassed Jason… he probably wouldn’t agree, but at least it’s pretty close.
What are we looking forward to the most? Seeing the looks on our families faces when the see our little secret for the first time. They keep saying how much we’re going to celebrate once we’re home and how much they’ve missed us. They have no idea what’s in store for them! ☺
our little bambino is the size of a prune this week
No comments:
Post a Comment