
It's still amazes me how well I am known by God. He knows me personally and deeply. He knows when I am feeling scared, excited, nervous and sad. He knows me better than I know myself. Because of this, He continues to reveal Himself to me in new and relevant ways. It's no wonder that in the Bible God is referred to using so many different names. His names not only tell us who God is, they also remind us who we are in Him. Since He is our Shepherd, we are His sheep. Since He is our wonderful Father, we are His precious sons and daughters. Since He is our mighty King, we are His protected and privileged subjects. Since He is the whole Vine, we are branches filled with His very life. And since He is our Bridegroom, we are His beloved bride and may delight in Him forever. During this Christmas season, we encourage you to ponder the names of God, for after all, He is our Wonderful Counselor, Almighty Father, Prince of Peace, and thanks to His most personal and beautiful gift in the baby Jesus, we can call HIm EMMANUEL, God With Us!
...and on earth, PEACE to all men!
We Love You!
I have always been amazed by His multiple names. Meditating on how simple yet wonderful these names are brings me to my knees. I am also amazed watching how He works out His plans for my daughters' lives. Your thoughts expressed here are so beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing them, I am humbled to call you my daughter,. You are a wonderful work of His hands and I love you Sarah.
ReplyDeleteYes! Amen and glory to God! Sarah, your thoughts here are indeed beautiful and honoring to our Lord and Savior. Thank you for sharing these important reminders that our Lord has so many different and glorious names to reach us no matter what we're going through. All these names honor Him - thank you for meditating on this and for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat choice of the song too :)